Contemporary short fiction, poetry and more
My sandwich recipe
February 11, 2014
Posted by on
My sandwich recipe:
- Go to the Co-op and buy a packet of chicken thighs and some pastrami.
- Take them home. Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray with a bit of sunflower oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 220 centigrade for 10-20 minutes. Check frequently.
- Go to your nearest independent baker and buy the biggest brown roll it sells.
- Take the roll home, and cut it in half, preferably without blood-loss.
- Butter the bottom half of the roll.
- Spread the top half of the roll thinly with English mustard.
- Peel a red onion and slice it as thinly as you can.
- Slice a beef tomato thinly.
- Slice the cooked chicken.
- Fill the bottom layer of the bread with the tomato slices, onion slices, chicken slices, pastrami, and mayonnaise.
- Top the roll with the mustard-spread bread slice.
- Cut in half, using a very sharp knife.